Paul Scholes retires

Paul Scholes has retired from professional football after a glorious career at Premier League club Manchester United.

Tuesday morning's press conference announcement was consistent with his direct and unfussed playing style.

The midfielder announced his decision in a press conference on Tuesday morning saying: "I am not a man of many words but I can honestly say that playing football is all I have ever wanted to do.

"This was not a decision I have taken lightly but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing."

The 36-year-old added: "To have had such a long and successful career at Manchester United has been a real honour.


"I would like to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my career, I would also like to thank all the coaches and players that I have worked with over the years."

"But most of all I would like to thank Sir Alex (Ferguson) for being such a great manager," he gushed.

"From the day I joined the club his door has always been open and I know this team will go on to win many more trophies under his leadership."

No comments:

Post a Comment