Hiddink drops further Chelsea hint

Turkey coach Guus Hiddink heightened speculation of a possible return to Premier League Chelsea when he said he would prefer the tempo of a club role to a national coaching job in an interview published on Tuesday.

“I feel energetic, so a club role is more preferable. And that’s what I like, working every day. I feel I need to do more,” he said in an interview with the Turkish daily Haberturk.

“I’ve trained Australia and PSV at the same time, as well as Russia and Chelsea, and I was very happy. We’ll see what happens with Turkey.”

 Hiddink said he had not received any official offers from any club sides.

“There is no official offer yet, but I can’t guarantee anything. I haven’t told the chairman (Turkish Football Federation chairman Mahmut Ozgener) what I thought yet. But he’s an intelligent man. I am sure he follows the world media,” Hiddink said.

He said his Turkey contract was valid for another year.

“I never told anybody I was going to continue working here. The team is focused on me, I would affect the team negatively if I answered the speculation,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment