Robin van Persie: The best player I’ve swapped shirts with

Van Persie said: "We are doing our house up now and I went to the other house and got a bag full of shirts which I changed with people and I had to pick nine of them to give them a new place in my house.

The best one is maybe the one – when I played for Feyenoord – against Inter Milan which was like, for us, ridiculously amazing, it was a massive dream come true.

I was just 18, semi-final of the Europe League then, away at Inter Milan and I swapped shirts with the big Ronaldo, his shirt, the one that he actually wore that day, all sweaty and stuff to me.

The other guys, they got the one with the thing in the back, not the real one, it was like he had five or six shirts but I had the proper one and I still have that one."

No comments:

Post a Comment