CONTROVERSY: Aston Villa appoint McLeish as manager

Aston Villa appointed Alex McLeish as their new manager, less than a week after the Scot quit arch-rivals and neighbours Birmingham City.

"I am honoured to have this opportunity to manage a club with such a fantastic history as Aston Villa's," McLeish said on the club's website.

"I know that some of our fans have voiced concerns and I can understand why.

"It will be up to me to convince you that I am the right man to drive the club forward and I intend to give absolutely everything to prove that I can be a success at the club".

"We believe we have appointed the right man for the job," Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner said.

"Unquestionably, Alex meets the criteria we set out at the beginning of our search which was based on proven Premier League experience, leadership, a hard-working ethic and, most importantly, a shared vision for Aston Villa".

No comments:

Post a Comment