Scolari: I tried to swap Didier Drogba for Adriano

"It was my fault that I could not control the locker room in different situations,” he told Arena Sportv.

“I tried to do something about that and I tried to sign Robinho, because I wanted someone who could improvise. In England, you need someone like that.

“I also tried a switch to release Drogba for Adriano, because Adriano was having some problems at Inter. I told the directors that I could manage his behaviour problems."
Scolari also revealed the extent of losing the dressing room at Stamford Bridge and amidst difficult squad-selection choices, the Brazilian admitted the language barrier hindered communication between himself and the players.

"He [Drogba] wanted to recover from injury in a big clinic in Paris, in the summer, I said no,” he revealed.

“Anelka, who never scored much against anyone, was my top scorer. When Drogba recovered, I couldn't take Anelka out.”

"Ballack was always a little angry because Deco was signed and I had indicated him.

"But I indicated Deco not to take Ballack out but to add to the squad. But I couldn't explain that. Probably I couldn't express myself the way I normally do in Brazil."

After leaving Chelsea, Scolari took charge of Uzbekistani champions Bunyodkor before returning to Palmeiras in Brazil in June 2010, but he admitted his failure in England was the biggest disappointment in his career.

"Until this day, I'm saddened by what happened,” he added.

“It is a marvellous league, a dream place, my son was studying in a great school, we were living very well.

“That got me really sad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment