Torres explains quitting Liverpool for Chelsea

Speaking about his reasons for deciding to leave Liverpool, Torres said: "Things had changed a lot in the last year. I think they have great ambition and they are doing the right things to get back, but it will take time. I didn't have that time."

"I only have good things to say about Liverpool people," said Torres. "They made me feel really good there for three-and-a-half fantastic seasons. I understand they will be angry and will not understand my decision. Maybe in a few days or weeks I will explain all the reasons.

"When I was an Atletico Madrid fan growing up, I couldn't understand it when a big player left. But with time I could understand they did the best for themselves, their families and their careers.


"I'm not asking them to understand me but I'm sure over time they will see what I did there.

"Football is like this. From one day to the other, people can love you or hate you."

Torres' commitment to the cause at Liverpool had been criticised this season but he said: "I never lost my ambition.

"Too many people are talking about that - that's just opinions. I was playing out of form for a month."

Asked if he would celebrate a goal against his former club, Torres said: "First I have to play, and then I have to score but I have big respect for Liverpool fans so I don't think I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment