Mourinho interested in Van Nistelrooy

"There are lots of names being mentioned," Mourinho told a news conference at the club's Valdebebas training ground when asked about former Manchester United striker Van Nistelrooy, 34.

"If in the end it's Ruud I'll be very happy," added the ex-Chelsea coach. "We coincided in England and I know him well as a player and person.

"It would be very good for us to have another attacker because we don't have many and we have a lot of matches to play."

After scoring the winner in Hamburg's 1-0 victory at Schalke 04 on Saturday, Van Nistelrooy said he would have to mull over his next move.

"It's not easy for me as it's not just any club that is coming calling," he was quoted as telling German media.

"Hopefully things will be sorted out soon. I can't leave the lads in the lurch by having my head elsewhere. Real Madrid is the only club that could change my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment