Afellay reveals talks between PSV and Barcelona

In-demand PSV Eindhoven midfielder Ibrahim Afellay has remained coy on his much-touted move to Barcelona, but has described the club as the greatest there is and has hinted that talks are already underway to take him to the Nou Camp.

"I know nothing. I only know what I read in the newspapers online, but still don'tknow what my future holds because there are many options," he told the Spanish Sport newspaper. "But I think there have been contacts between Barcelona and PSV."

"[Barcelona] is a fantastic club, a club that everybody knows, a team that plays very attractive football and that is the greatest out there," continued the 24-year-old. "But I insist that I know nothing yet about my future. All I can do is continue training as usual and playing the best I know with my team, which is still PSV.

When asked whether he felt he would fit in to Pep Guardiola's side, Afellay said, "I don't know, that's a question for Guardiola. All I can say is that I like to play with the ball, linking up with my teammates and playing an offensive style. That's my role at PSV and that is how I have always played.

"For any player it would be great to play with [Andres] Iniesta and Xavi. They are players of a high quality and are benchmarks in the world of football. They are so good! But there is nothing concrete as I said before, so I'd rather not imagine it."

No comments:

Post a Comment